What You Need To Know
We hope you will therefore understand that we are not accepting visitors who have travelled, or have been in direct contact with someone who has travelled, in the 14-day period prior to their visit to one of our School sites, from a country that requires self-isolation on return to the UK. We are following guidance from the Government, however I’m sure you will understand that the situation remains fluid and the areas affected (travel corridors) may change. Therefore, we ask you to read the current list of countries with no self-isolation requirement on arrival in England at www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covi-19-travel-corridors .
Similarly we will not accept visitors who should be self-isolating for any other reasons covered by the UK Government’s guidelines on Covid-19 such as experiencing symptoms related to the virus or being in contact with somebody who has symptoms or has tested positive for the virus.
If, having visited the School, you develop COVID-19 symptoms, please utilise the government’s test and trace service ensuring that you include details of your visit to Berkhamsted School.
We request that you are able to comply with the above requirements in order to attend a School site for any reason.
Should you need to make changes to your arrangements to comply with our notice request, please contact your meeting organiser who will be able to assist with your query.
We appreciate your understanding in this matter and helping us to maintain a safe school environment.
Principal, Berkhamsted Schools Group
Now that we are open, the health and well-being of members and staff is my number one priority. I have introduced new procedures to keep everyone safe, well and active.
Yes, pre-booking a slot in the gym is necessary. Just call 01442358076 , mobile 07548239901.On the hour for an hours workout eg 6-7am, or 10-11am.
Opening hours: Mon to Fri 6am- 9pm | Weekends 8am – 5pm
We have set maximum occupancy limits for our gym. We allow 10 users in during our hourly slots, 7 downstairs and 3 upstairs. There is no crossing between the 2 floors and there will be a maximum of 2 members of staff on any one time.
We’re leaving a 2m space between our equipment, or using every other piece of kit to ensure there is adequate space between members whilst they work out.
We have implemented a one-way walk system around the dumbbell section downstairs..
We also have clear signage around the gym to help members to socially distance and my team are always be on hand to help.
We’ve increased our cleaning schedules including an hourly timetable for key high touch count points but gym users must help too. Disinfectant, disposable paper towels and hand sanitisers are located across each gym area, and we’re asking all members to help keep the gym safe by sanitising equipment before and after use.
At the end of the day the gym goes through a deep cleaning plan which includes fogging, this is spraying a fine mist over the whole gym space, toilets, gym equipment, reception area staircase etc. This viricidal disinfectant cleaner, is certified to kill enveloped viruses within 60 seconds.
At this point, we are not able to allow towels in the gym, water machines are available but no cups, please bring a bottle.
I’ve worked hard to make the majority of the gym equipment available to use, however, to ensure there is adequate spacing between each piece of equipment and the workout area there may be smaller volumes of equipment available.
I have taped out the gym flooring into large individual squares, which only one gym user can be in at a time. For example if you were using a power rack once you had finished cleaning and sanitising you could then go and train in another square to continue your exercise program with other equipment.
No, the changing rooms and showers are not available. The toilets are available but only one person at a time can enter using our one in one out system.
No, please don’t take your bags into the gym or use your own personal towel..
It is more important now more than ever that this is adhered to.
We are closely following government guidelines, and currently you don’t need to wear a mask when using our gym facilities. You are, of course, welcome to do so if you would feel safer wearing one.
We are closely following government guidelines and are also working with the industry body UK Active
- We have reduced capacity in our gyms and have increased the space between equipment to 2m, as well as adding a one-way system.
- Additional gym space has been created, with workout areas of 3m x 3m downstairs.
- Plastic screens have been introduced to reception desks to protect both members and our team members. (delay in arriving will be up by next week).
- We’re using signage and clear floor markings to help members to remain a safe distance apart and team members are on hand to help
- Indoor gym facilities – We’ve adapted our gyms to offer as best as possible a great gym experience.
- Personal Training – Enjoy an enhanced training experience with the guidance of trainers.
Our cleaning schedules and procedures have been greatly enhanced to maintain a high level of hygiene across all of our Clubs. Our new cleaning procedures include:
- All cleaning is carried out with a fully viricidal disinfectant cleaner, certified to kill enveloped viruses within 60 seconds.
- We have increased the number of cleaning staff we employ, allowing us to increase the volume of cleaning across the Club, with particular attention being paid to areas of high traffic.
- We have introduced sanitisation stations across the gym, and have increased the amount of sanitiser spray and disposable paper available to members to further encourage them to wipe down and clean equipment before and after use.
- All my team members have been trained on the new ways of working for cleaning and social distancing and are responsible for cleaning and sanitising around the gym.
I have done everything I can to ensure my team members are kept safe.
- We have completed Covid-19 staff training so the team is on board and understand what is required of them for us to safely run the gym.
- Team members have been told they should not leave home if they display any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19.
- The team are washing their hands before their shifts, after completing cleaning tasks and frequently throughout shifts.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) has been provided for team members if they feel the need to wear it. Disposable gloves and aprons are being worn when completing any cleaning.